Saturday, April 9, 2011

Coming back from the eGarage

HeyThere,
So I picked my big Ay-Talian self up and traveled the rails of the LIRR to the magical studios of eGarage.tv to see what industry insiders call An Upfront.

Here's the wiki on that ...

In the North American television industry, an upfront is a meeting hosted at the start of important advertising sales periods by television network executives, attended by the press and major advertisers. It is so named because of its main purpose, to allow marketers to buy commercial airtime "up front", or several months before the television season begins.

Bascially, people are invited to check out the latest shows that network has to offer, then everybody does the shmooze to find out how they can all work together.



This was more of a Gala put together by a group of really talented people that want to do something extraordinary.

My goal in all of this was to see how I'd fit in.

I have one show in the works for these guys and lots of other shows I'd like to pitch.

However, one of the main hurdles is getting a studio audience into this studio located in Long Island City.



I know that I can produce television like a mofo, but getting an audience is a whole different animal.

I just want to produce quality shows.

So I did the shmooze, met some really great people, and then headed out of the door to begin my trek back to my house (two trains and lots of walking at night in Queens).

Upon exiting, I ran into one of my former play producers and he offered to read Happy Saturdays, one of my favorite plays in the world.


Here I am doing a Q&A about the play and some footage from the show ...


Will this play be produced ... again ... in it's current full-length version?

Well, I'd have to produce it, but we'll see.   He has to read it again and well ... we'll see.

I also think that this would be a kick-ass show for eGarage, so .... we'll see.

Stay tuned.

Steve

No comments: